Message To Our Patients and Staff About COVID-19 Protocols At Our Practice
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows all infection control recommendations made by the Federal and State government, the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and OSHA recommendations. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
In line with the above, we ask that for the safety of everyone concerned, you see your healthcare provider if you answer "YES" to any of the following questions and notify us before coming to office:
1. Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 30 days?
2. Have knowingly been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive persons including a sick family member at home with COVID-19?
3. Have experienced a recent loss of taste or smell?
4. Have any fever or have felt hot or feverish?
5. Have shortness of breath or other difficulty breathing?
6. Have sore throat, cough, chills, or repeated shaking, with chills?
7. Have any flu-like symptoms, such as gastrointestinal upset, headache, or fatigue?
8. Have traveled outside the country or to/from any COVID-19 "hot spots" within the past 30 days? (as relevant to your location)?
9. Have any heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, diabetes. any auto-immune disorder?
10. Have any other COVID, Cold or Flu-related symptoms?
Our Cleaning, Hygiene & Safety Standards
We implement guidance from the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) when it comes to personal protective equipment (PPE). All care team members must wear PPE such as masks and face shields when working with patients, whether they are at the front desk or in a treatment room.
• In treatment rooms, equipment is sterilized, and dental chairs and all surfaces are cleaned, between each patient.
• Surfaces in waiting rooms and common areas are cleaned throughout the day to keep high-touch surfaces clean.
• Hand sanitizer is made available throughout the office.
• We also recommend frequent hand and face washing.
Symptom Screenings and wellness checks for our staff and patients alike
• Before seeing patients, team members are checked daily for signs or symptoms of illness, including mandatory temperature checks.
• Team members who show any signs or symptoms of a cold, seasonal flu or COVID-19 must stay home until they have been cleared by their healthcare provider.
• We are screening all patients before starting care to assess their COVID-19 risk, including temperature checks and symptom screening.
• Patients who are not feeling well should reschedule appointments before coming to the office.
• Please arrive on time to minimize the time spent in the office.
• Complete New Patient form online in advance of your appointment.
• Patients will be moved quickly into their treatment room upon arrival. If a wait is required, patients are asked to wait outside the office, preferably in the car, before an appointment. We’ll text when we’re ready to see you. If that isn’t possible, a patient may wait in the waiting room only when it’s possible to remain seated six feet apart.
• Only those scheduled for care should be in the office. Family and friends of the patients are asked to wait outside the office unless the patient requires personal assistance during their visit. If a patient requires personal assistance during an appointment, their companions are checked for symptoms and wait outside during the appointment.
• Additionally, we have eliminated paper sign in at the front desk and removed magazines and items that patients pick up to read.
We value your trust and loyalty and thank you for your patience and understanding as we all go through these difficult times with this pandemic together.